Crow’s feet, also known as laugh lines, are a natural part of aging. As we age, the skin around our eyes thins and loses elasticity, resulting in wrinkles and fine lines.
While Botox injections are a popular solution for reducing crow’s feet, it might not be for everyone. Many people are seeking more non-invasive solutions such as:
What Are Crow’s Feet?
As we age, the skin around the eyes becomes thinner and less elastic, leading to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines known as crow’s feet around the corners of the eyes.
Other factors that can contribute to the formation of crow’s feet include:
- Sun exposure
- Repetitive facial movements, such as squinting or smiling
Crow’s feet can be a source of self-consciousness for many people. Thankfully, there are treatment options available.
Treating Crow’s Feet
While crow’s feet are a natural part of aging, there are several options for reducing their appearance and achieving a more youthful, refreshed look.
TempSure Envi is a non-invasive skin tightening treatment that stimulates collagen production and improves skin elasticity by using radiofrequency (RF) energy.
It’s a safe and effective alternative to Botox, surgery, and other invasive procedures for reducing the appearance of crow’s feet and other signs of aging.
During a TempSure Envi treatment, the practitioner uses a small handheld device to deliver RF energy to the targeted area. This energy penetrates deep into the skin to stimulate collagen production, which helps to tighten and firm the skin.
The heat generated by the RF energy can also help to improve the texture and tone of the skin.
The ICON IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment is used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, including crow’s feet, by delivering high-intensity pulses of light using a small handheld device to the targeted area.
This activates the body’s natural healing response and stimulates collagen production, resulting in smoother, younger-looking skin.
Bluebird Vision + Wellness Medical-Grade Skincare Line
At Bluebird Vision + Wellness, we’re excited to provide a comprehensive medical-grade skincare line that can help address a variety of skincare concerns, including the appearance of crow’s feet.
Our in-house licensed esthetician can recommend the ideal combination of skincare products to help you diminish the appearance of crow’s feet and rejuvenate the skin around your eyes.
Treating Severe Skin Laxity
Severe skin laxity is a common sign of aging that can cause sagging, wrinkles, and other visible changes to the appearance of the skin.
Non-invasive treatments such as TempSure Envi and ICON IPL can help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, but they may not be as effective in treating severe skin laxity.
More invasive procedures, such as dermal filler injections, may be required in these cases to achieve the desired results. Contact Bluebird Vision + Wellness for more information on your options.
Other Tips to Avoid Crows Feet
In addition to seeking professional treatments, there are several lifestyle changes and habits that can help reduce the chance of developing crow’s feet:
- Sunscreen: The sun is one of the leading causes of premature aging, including the development of crow’s feet. Wear sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days, to protect your skin from the damaging effects of UV rays.
- Hydration: Hydration is essential for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and use a moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid to help retain moisture.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help improve circulation and bring oxygen and nutrients to your skin. This can help to keep your skin looking young and can help to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet. Each day, aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise, such as brisk walking or yoga.
- Sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Because our skin repairs and regenerates itself while we sleep, it’s important to try to get at least 7–8 hours of quality sleep each night.
- Massage: Massage can help improve circulation and reduce the appearance of crow’s feet around the eyes. Simply massage the area around your eyes in a circular motion with your fingertips for a few minutes each day.
- Eye cream: Using an eye cream specifically designed to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet can help. Look for an eye cream that contains retinol, a type of vitamin A that has been shown to improve skin texture and reduce wrinkle appearance.
- Avoid squinting: Squinting can cause crow’s feet to become more pronounced, so make sure to protect your eyes from the sun and avoid straining your eyes. Wear sunglasses and take frequent breaks if you spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen.
Get Rid of Crow’s Feet
Everyone’s skin ages differently, and the best method for treating crow’s feet will vary depending on many factors, such as skin type, the severity of the wrinkles, and personal preferences. If you have crow’s feet or other signs of aging, book an appointment at Bluebird Vision + Wellness. Our experienced team can advise you on the best way to improve the appearance of your skin.