Accidents Happen, Let Us Help
Eye injuries or trauma to the eye area can be stressful and frightening. Your eyesight is precious and anything that might put it at risk needs to be dealt with immediately.
When an accident occurs, call our office right away. We can assess your situation and recommend next steps, whether that be coming to see an optometrist or going directly to an emergency room.
If our office is closed, you should proceed to your nearest hospital.Book Appointment
Symptoms That Might Mean an Eye Emergency
While most eye emergencies involve noticeable symptoms or trauma, other eye emergencies are not as obvious. Any sudden changes to your vision should be considered an eye care emergency.
Sudden onset of any of the following symptoms may also indicate an emergency:
- Burning or stinging
- Pupils that differ in size
- Bulging eyes
- Severe eye pain
- Double vision
- Redness or severe itching
- Bruising or bleeding
- Sudden headache
- Discharge from the eye
- Eyes not moving together
Call our office immediately if you experience any of these issues.
Eye Emergency Do’s & Don’ts
Eye emergencies can happen anytime, anyplace. Whether at work, home, sporting events, or the playground, it's important to know how to handle them. Having the knowledge to take necessary first-aid steps and promptly seek medical care can make a huge impact.
In case of an eye emergency, follow these emergency do’s and don’ts.
- Flush your eye with cold water in the event of chemical contact.
- Clean your hands before touching your eye.
- Lightly cover the eye without applying pressure.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Don’t use tools anywhere near the eye area.
- Avoid rubbing the eye or applyling pressure of any kind.
- Don’t try to remove any large foreign objects.
- Don’t apply any medications, drops, or ointments.
- Don’t remove contact lenses (with the exception of a chemical splash).
Come Visit Us
Find us just across the street from Jensen Grove Park just off North Meridian Street.
- 720 North Meridian Street, Suite A
- Blackfoot, Idaho 83221
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed